BJP Govt will complete its tenure, no rift: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: Dismissing as rumour mongering
the opposition claims about instability in the Karnataka
government, Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Sunday said his
government would complete its tenure.
The party remained united and this would be evident in
the winter session of the state legislatures starting
tomorrow, he told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa said he met senior party leaders, including
state unit chief Sadananda Gowda and Lok Sabha member H N
Ananth Kumar this morning and discussed issues relating to the
strategies to counter the rumours spread by the Congress-JDS
opposition and facing them in the Assembly and Council.
Yeddyurappa faced rebellion last month from ministerial
colleagues and brothers Janardhana Reddy and Karunakara Reddy
from the mine-rich Bellary District, who wanted a change of
guard. But the issue was sorted out after the intervention of
Meanwhile, some disgruntled legislators today met former
Assembly speaker and Panchayath Raj Minister Jagadish Shettar
at his residence to air their "grievances", party sources
said. Last night some of the party legislators and ministers
held a meeting demanding revamping of the cabinet.
In another development, G M Siddesh, a BJP MLA from
Davangere, today met Yeddyurappa and conveyed the feelings of
those disgruntled within the party. He told reporters that the
chief minister had agreed to induct one of them into the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'