BJP has no moral right to continue: Siddaramaiah
Bangalore: Congress in Karnataka on Sunday said
with former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa already in judicial
custody and many ministers in the BJP government facing
"criminal" charges, the government had "no moral right" to
"It is better that the assembly is dissolved and fresh
polls held", Opposition Leader in the Karnataka Legislative
Assembly Siddramaiah told reporters outside Raj Bhavan.
"With many ministers including Somanna, Yogeshwar, Murugesh
Nirani and even Shobha Karandlaje facing criminal charges
against them and its leader already in jail, the BJP
government has no moral right to continue", he said.
Asked whether he discussed this with Governor HR
Bhardwaj he said "no, not at all. It was just a courtesy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources