BJP High Command summons Eshwarappa to Delhi
Banglore: The BJP High Command tonight
summoned Karnataka state unit President K S Eswarappa to Delhi
for consultations after Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, facing
the charge of nepotism in land allotment, struck a defiant
posture and refused to quit.
Eswarappa told PTI here that party president Nitin Gadkari
has asked him to leave for Delhi for parleys to enable them
take a decision on the Karnataka crisis.
However, he refused to divulge further details.
BJP has announced that a final decision on Yeddyurappa`s
future would be announced tomorrow.
Meanwhile, party sources here said Yeddyurappa has flatly
rejected the party central leadership directive to him to step
down and instead pressed for permission to disssolve the
Efforts by the leadership to convince him to fall in line
to save embarassment to the party have failed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation