BJP High Command summons Eshwarappa to Delhi
Banglore: The BJP High Command tonight
summoned Karnataka state unit President K S Eswarappa to Delhi
for consultations after Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, facing
the charge of nepotism in land allotment, struck a defiant
posture and refused to quit.
Eswarappa told PTI here that party president Nitin Gadkari
has asked him to leave for Delhi for parleys to enable them
take a decision on the Karnataka crisis.
However, he refused to divulge further details.
BJP has announced that a final decision on Yeddyurappa`s
future would be announced tomorrow.
Meanwhile, party sources here said Yeddyurappa has flatly
rejected the party central leadership directive to him to step
down and instead pressed for permission to disssolve the
Efforts by the leadership to convince him to fall in line
to save embarassment to the party have failed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing