BJP hopeful of finding solution to K`taka crisis
New Delhi: Karnataka BJP chief KS Eshwarappa on Tuesday said the party is hopeful of finding a solution to the current crisis in the state and maintained that any decision taken by the Parliamentary Board will be binding and acceptable to both the factions.
BJP sources said party president Nitin Gadkari will hold a meeting with Karnataka`s Core Group and leaders of both the B S Yeddyurappa and Sadanand Gowda camps to sort out their differences.
Gowda is likely to continue as Chief Minister at least till the Presidential elections get over on July 19, the sources said.
"The BJP Parliamentary Board will take a decision on the current crisis and whatever decision is taken will be binding on us," Eshwarappa told a news agency here.
The Parliamentary Board is the highest decision-making body of the BJP.
He said the differences between the BJP leaders in the state were not irreconcilable and will be sorted out.
The nine dissident cabinet ministers in Karnataka had taken back their resignations yesterday after the BJP promised to take "appropriate action" on their demand for leadership change in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information