BJP hopeful of finding solution to K`taka crisis
New Delhi: Karnataka BJP chief KS Eshwarappa on Tuesday said the party is hopeful of finding a solution to the current crisis in the state and maintained that any decision taken by the Parliamentary Board will be binding and acceptable to both the factions.
BJP sources said party president Nitin Gadkari will hold a meeting with Karnataka`s Core Group and leaders of both the B S Yeddyurappa and Sadanand Gowda camps to sort out their differences.
Gowda is likely to continue as Chief Minister at least till the Presidential elections get over on July 19, the sources said.
"The BJP Parliamentary Board will take a decision on the current crisis and whatever decision is taken will be binding on us," Eshwarappa told a news agency here.
The Parliamentary Board is the highest decision-making body of the BJP.
He said the differences between the BJP leaders in the state were not irreconcilable and will be sorted out.
The nine dissident cabinet ministers in Karnataka had taken back their resignations yesterday after the BJP promised to take "appropriate action" on their demand for leadership change in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?