BJP imposing bypolls on Karnataka: Deve Gowda
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister and JDS
supremo H D Deve Gowda on Sunday accused the Bharatiya Janata
Party of imposing too many bypolls in Karnataka by indulging
in `Operation Lotus` to lure other MLAs to its fold.
Addressing a JDS workers` convention here, Gowda
claimed his party would teach a "bitter lesson" to the ruling
party by defeating it in the bypolls to the three Assembly
constituencies of Chennapatna, Jagalur and Bangarpet to be
held on April nine.
He declared he would continue his fight against the
"communal BJP" despite his advancing age and "money power"
used by the ruling party to win elections.
"BJP is desperate to win the bypolls and have sought
the help of religious institutions besides unleashing the
power of money. But in politics religious mutts are not the
only consideration and it is the people`s verdict that
matters. (Karnataka Chief Minister) Yeddyurappa should realise
this," he said.
Gowda further criticised BJP and its parent
organisation, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), for
"practising defection politics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog