BJP imposing bypolls on Karnataka: Deve Gowda
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister and JDS
supremo H D Deve Gowda on Sunday accused the Bharatiya Janata
Party of imposing too many bypolls in Karnataka by indulging
in `Operation Lotus` to lure other MLAs to its fold.
Addressing a JDS workers` convention here, Gowda
claimed his party would teach a "bitter lesson" to the ruling
party by defeating it in the bypolls to the three Assembly
constituencies of Chennapatna, Jagalur and Bangarpet to be
held on April nine.
He declared he would continue his fight against the
"communal BJP" despite his advancing age and "money power"
used by the ruling party to win elections.
"BJP is desperate to win the bypolls and have sought
the help of religious institutions besides unleashing the
power of money. But in politics religious mutts are not the
only consideration and it is the people`s verdict that
matters. (Karnataka Chief Minister) Yeddyurappa should realise
this," he said.
Gowda further criticised BJP and its parent
organisation, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), for
"practising defection politics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you