BJP imposing bypolls on Karnataka: Deve Gowda
Bangalore: Former Prime Minister and JDS
supremo H D Deve Gowda on Sunday accused the Bharatiya Janata
Party of imposing too many bypolls in Karnataka by indulging
in `Operation Lotus` to lure other MLAs to its fold.
Addressing a JDS workers` convention here, Gowda
claimed his party would teach a "bitter lesson" to the ruling
party by defeating it in the bypolls to the three Assembly
constituencies of Chennapatna, Jagalur and Bangarpet to be
held on April nine.
He declared he would continue his fight against the
"communal BJP" despite his advancing age and "money power"
used by the ruling party to win elections.
"BJP is desperate to win the bypolls and have sought
the help of religious institutions besides unleashing the
power of money. But in politics religious mutts are not the
only consideration and it is the people`s verdict that
matters. (Karnataka Chief Minister) Yeddyurappa should realise
this," he said.
Gowda further criticised BJP and its parent
organisation, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), for
"practising defection politics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016
- IIFA 2016: 'Befikre' lover-boy Ranveer Singh writes the most romantic congratulatory note for ladylove Deepika Padukone!
- India to get access to almost 99% of US defence technologies: White House official
- IIFA Madrid: Priyanka Chopra steals the show, thanks Shiamak Davar troupe!-- See pic