BJP K’taka unit to discuss strategies to improve govt image
Bangalore: Strategies to improve BJP government`s
performance and image will be discussed at the party`s
Karnataka unit meeting, presided over by its national
president Nitin Gadkari here today.
Gadkari who arrived here this morning, drove to a private
resort on the city outskirts, the venue of the meeting.
BJP sources said Gadkari held a session with state
ministers and asked them to implement programmes evolved by
The decisions adopted at the recent BJP National Executive
at Patna, where issues related to improving governance in the
party ruled states were debated, were also briefed to the
The meeting is being held in the backdrop of controversies
surrounding the BJP government in the wake of attack mounted
against it by Lokayukta Santosh Hegde for its non-cooperation
in his crusade against corruption, illegal mining and its
"failure" to provide relief measures to flood affected victims
in 15 districts.
Sources said Gadkari would be presiding over a meeting of
state level office bearers and MPs.
Gadkari would inaugurate a conference being hosted by party
backward classes wing here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter