BJP launches campaign to counter Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: To prepare the party for the next year`s Assembly polls and counter its rebel leader BS Yeddyurappa, ruling BJP on Friday launched a state wide campaign.
Five teams, including the one headed by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar and party state unit president K S Eswarappa, would visit various districts till December 30, BJP said in a press release here.
The Shettar lead team would tour in the districts of Chikkodi, Bagalkot, Bijapur, Dharwad, Gadag and Belgaum.
Eswarappa and his team will visit Shimoga, Chikmagalur, Raichur and Koppal, it said.
General Secretary Anantkumar, former Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda, Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok will also be heading a team each, the release said.
Anantkumar team will visit Tumkur, Chitradurga, Davanagere and Bangalore Urban.
Sadananda Gowda will campaign in Mandya, Chamarajanagar, Mysore, Hassan, Dakshina Kannada, Udupi and Kodagu.
The team led by Ashok visits Bidar, Gulbarga, Belgaum, Kolar, Chikkaballapur and Ramanagar.
Yeddyurappa who launched his Karnataka Janata Party on December 9, has been criss-crossing parts of the state to drum up support for his outfit ahead of the Assembly polls due by April-May next, sending shock waves to BJP.
Yeddyurappa also plans to hold a meeting of MLAs supporting him by this week end to decide the fate of Shettar government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video