BJP launches campaign to counter Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: To prepare the party for the next year`s Assembly polls and counter its rebel leader BS Yeddyurappa, ruling BJP on Friday launched a state wide campaign.
Five teams, including the one headed by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar and party state unit president K S Eswarappa, would visit various districts till December 30, BJP said in a press release here.
The Shettar lead team would tour in the districts of Chikkodi, Bagalkot, Bijapur, Dharwad, Gadag and Belgaum.
Eswarappa and his team will visit Shimoga, Chikmagalur, Raichur and Koppal, it said.
General Secretary Anantkumar, former Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda, Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok will also be heading a team each, the release said.
Anantkumar team will visit Tumkur, Chitradurga, Davanagere and Bangalore Urban.
Sadananda Gowda will campaign in Mandya, Chamarajanagar, Mysore, Hassan, Dakshina Kannada, Udupi and Kodagu.
The team led by Ashok visits Bidar, Gulbarga, Belgaum, Kolar, Chikkaballapur and Ramanagar.
Yeddyurappa who launched his Karnataka Janata Party on December 9, has been criss-crossing parts of the state to drum up support for his outfit ahead of the Assembly polls due by April-May next, sending shock waves to BJP.
Yeddyurappa also plans to hold a meeting of MLAs supporting him by this week end to decide the fate of Shettar government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her