BJP leaders to visit drought hit areas from August
Bangalore: Teams of ruling BJP leaders led by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar will launch a tour in drought-hit areas from August 21.
The state unit BJP Core Committee that met under the leadership of Deputy Chief Minister and state unit president KS Eshwarappa decided that the leaders would launch the first phase of visit to drought-hit areas from Tumkur on August 21.
Besides Shettar, former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, ministers and legislators will also participate in the tour, Eshwarappa told reporters after the meeting.
During the tour, they would also interact with BJP workers and discuss strengthening the party ahead of next year`s assembly polls, he said.
The first leg of the visit will conclude in Chamarajanagar on August 31, he said.
Yeddyurappa, who has been eyeing the state unit president post, had planned to criss-cross drought hit areas, but the party decided that ministers and MLAs will also undertake the visit along with the former chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list