BJP leaders to visit drought hit areas from August
Bangalore: Teams of ruling BJP leaders led by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar will launch a tour in drought-hit areas from August 21.
The state unit BJP Core Committee that met under the leadership of Deputy Chief Minister and state unit president KS Eshwarappa decided that the leaders would launch the first phase of visit to drought-hit areas from Tumkur on August 21.
Besides Shettar, former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, ministers and legislators will also participate in the tour, Eshwarappa told reporters after the meeting.
During the tour, they would also interact with BJP workers and discuss strengthening the party ahead of next year`s assembly polls, he said.
The first leg of the visit will conclude in Chamarajanagar on August 31, he said.
Yeddyurappa, who has been eyeing the state unit president post, had planned to criss-cross drought hit areas, but the party decided that ministers and MLAs will also undertake the visit along with the former chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery