BJP leaders to visit drought hit areas from August
Bangalore: Teams of ruling BJP leaders led by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar will launch a tour in drought-hit areas from August 21.
The state unit BJP Core Committee that met under the leadership of Deputy Chief Minister and state unit president KS Eshwarappa decided that the leaders would launch the first phase of visit to drought-hit areas from Tumkur on August 21.
Besides Shettar, former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, ministers and legislators will also participate in the tour, Eshwarappa told reporters after the meeting.
During the tour, they would also interact with BJP workers and discuss strengthening the party ahead of next year`s assembly polls, he said.
The first leg of the visit will conclude in Chamarajanagar on August 31, he said.
Yeddyurappa, who has been eyeing the state unit president post, had planned to criss-cross drought hit areas, but the party decided that ministers and MLAs will also undertake the visit along with the former chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur