BJP MLA dares party chief to slap showcause notice
Bellary: Daring the BJP`s Karnataka unit President K S Eswarappa to issue him showcause notice, rebel MLA HT Suresh Babu Thursday said he and his associates were ready to quit the party.
"Let Eswarappa serve notice as early as possible. We are ready to leave BJP.... We are waiting for the party to serve us notice", Babu, who represents Kampli assembly constituency and is a relative of former BJP leader B Sreeramulu, told reporters.
A day after Eswarappa threatened to take disciplinary action against those legislators taking part in Sreeramulu`s padayatra, Babu wanted to know why similar action was not initiated against MLAs and Ministers who boycotted senior leader L K Advani`s yatra last year.
Supporters of former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa stayed away from the Advani yatra against corruption which toured parts of the state.
"Eswarappa has no moral right to issue notice to us", Babu said and claimed Sreeramulu had the support of MLAs and MPs in Bellary district.
Sreeramulu has floated "BSR" (Badavara Shramikara and Raithara) party and is now on a 951-km padayatra from Basavakalyan to Bangalore aimed at connecting with the people ahead of next year`s assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'