BJP MLA dares party chief to slap showcause notice
Bellary: Daring the BJP`s Karnataka unit President K S Eswarappa to issue him showcause notice, rebel MLA HT Suresh Babu Thursday said he and his associates were ready to quit the party.
"Let Eswarappa serve notice as early as possible. We are ready to leave BJP.... We are waiting for the party to serve us notice", Babu, who represents Kampli assembly constituency and is a relative of former BJP leader B Sreeramulu, told reporters.
A day after Eswarappa threatened to take disciplinary action against those legislators taking part in Sreeramulu`s padayatra, Babu wanted to know why similar action was not initiated against MLAs and Ministers who boycotted senior leader L K Advani`s yatra last year.
Supporters of former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa stayed away from the Advani yatra against corruption which toured parts of the state.
"Eswarappa has no moral right to issue notice to us", Babu said and claimed Sreeramulu had the support of MLAs and MPs in Bellary district.
Sreeramulu has floated "BSR" (Badavara Shramikara and Raithara) party and is now on a 951-km padayatra from Basavakalyan to Bangalore aimed at connecting with the people ahead of next year`s assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack