BJP MLA pours water on CM`s head in Assembly
Bangalore: A BJP MLA on Friday staged a protest in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly on the Cauvery issue by pouring water on the head of Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
HS Shankaralinge Gowda walked into the Well of the House just before the Chief Minister was to commence his budget speech and poured a bottle of water on his head.
In what appeared to be a "symbolic" protest, he was seen trying to highlight the Cauvery issue, a day after the Supreme Court asked Karnataka to release 2.44 tmc ft of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Gowda, elected from Chamaraja constituency in Mysore, was persuaded by Home Minister R Ashoka to return to his seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok