BJP MLA pours water on CM`s head in Assembly
Bangalore: A BJP MLA on Friday staged a protest in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly on the Cauvery issue by pouring water on the head of Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar.
HS Shankaralinge Gowda walked into the Well of the House just before the Chief Minister was to commence his budget speech and poured a bottle of water on his head.
In what appeared to be a "symbolic" protest, he was seen trying to highlight the Cauvery issue, a day after the Supreme Court asked Karnataka to release 2.44 tmc ft of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Gowda, elected from Chamaraja constituency in Mysore, was persuaded by Home Minister R Ashoka to return to his seat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!