BJP MLA Sampangi surrenders passport
Bangalore: BJP MLA Y Sampangi, who was granted bail by the Lokayukta court in a case pertaining to alleged threatening of witnesses in a bribery case, on Wednesday, surrendered his passport before it.
The MLA, who was remanded in judicial custody for
allegedly threatening a witness in the case last week and
granted bail on October 31, appeared in court in person and
surrendered his passport before Lokyukta court judge N K
He was granted bail on a personal bond of Rs one lakh
with two sureties and stringent conditions that he should not
contact or tamper with prosecution witnesses, surrender his
passports within three days and should not leave the country
without the court`s permission.
Sampangi, the MLA from Kolar Gold Fields, was nabbed by
Lokayukta police in January 2009 at the Legislator`s Home
while accepting a bribe of Rs five lakh from Hussain M Farooq,
a businessman, to settle a civil dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch