BJP MLA Sampangi surrenders passport
Bangalore: BJP MLA Y Sampangi, who was granted bail by the Lokayukta court in a case pertaining to alleged threatening of witnesses in a bribery case, on Wednesday, surrendered his passport before it.
The MLA, who was remanded in judicial custody for
allegedly threatening a witness in the case last week and
granted bail on October 31, appeared in court in person and
surrendered his passport before Lokyukta court judge N K
He was granted bail on a personal bond of Rs one lakh
with two sureties and stringent conditions that he should not
contact or tamper with prosecution witnesses, surrender his
passports within three days and should not leave the country
without the court`s permission.
Sampangi, the MLA from Kolar Gold Fields, was nabbed by
Lokayukta police in January 2009 at the Legislator`s Home
while accepting a bribe of Rs five lakh from Hussain M Farooq,
a businessman, to settle a civil dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened