BJP MLA Sampangi surrenders passport
Bangalore: BJP MLA Y Sampangi, who was granted bail by the Lokayukta court in a case pertaining to alleged threatening of witnesses in a bribery case, on Wednesday, surrendered his passport before it.
The MLA, who was remanded in judicial custody for
allegedly threatening a witness in the case last week and
granted bail on October 31, appeared in court in person and
surrendered his passport before Lokyukta court judge N K
He was granted bail on a personal bond of Rs one lakh
with two sureties and stringent conditions that he should not
contact or tamper with prosecution witnesses, surrender his
passports within three days and should not leave the country
without the court`s permission.
Sampangi, the MLA from Kolar Gold Fields, was nabbed by
Lokayukta police in January 2009 at the Legislator`s Home
while accepting a bribe of Rs five lakh from Hussain M Farooq,
a businessman, to settle a civil dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims