`BJP MPs should secure passage of Const amendment to Art.371`
Bidar(Karna): Former CMand BJP strongman in Karnataka B S Yeddyurappa urged MPs from the state unit to secure passage of Constitution Amendment to Article 371.
Addressing a gathering here as part of his campaign to drum up support for his new regional outfit Karnataka Janatha Paksha (KJP), he said the MPs should quit their memberaship if the bill was not passed in on-going session.
In a continued attack on BJP, he said the party had forced him to take the decision to quit. "With great disappointment, I decided to come out of BJP".
He promised to work for the welfare of the state and its people if his new party was voted to power.
Yeddyurappa said he would resign his assembly membership on Nov 30 and also BJP.
He urged people of Bidar to turn up in large numbers on Dec 9 at Haveri for the launch of his new party.
Yeddyurappa has been sulking since he was forced to quit as Chief Minister last year by the central leadership in the backdrop of Lokayukta report on illegal mining indicting him.
The 70-year-old Lingayat leader, who had played a key role in installing the first ever BJP government in the South, has been cut up with the BJP leadership at the Centre and state for the `ill-treatment` meted out to him.
He has also ruled out accepting any position such as Chief Minister or party president in BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says