`BJP MPs should secure passage of Const amendment to Art.371`
Bidar(Karna): Former CMand BJP strongman in Karnataka B S Yeddyurappa urged MPs from the state unit to secure passage of Constitution Amendment to Article 371.
Addressing a gathering here as part of his campaign to drum up support for his new regional outfit Karnataka Janatha Paksha (KJP), he said the MPs should quit their memberaship if the bill was not passed in on-going session.
In a continued attack on BJP, he said the party had forced him to take the decision to quit. "With great disappointment, I decided to come out of BJP".
He promised to work for the welfare of the state and its people if his new party was voted to power.
Yeddyurappa said he would resign his assembly membership on Nov 30 and also BJP.
He urged people of Bidar to turn up in large numbers on Dec 9 at Haveri for the launch of his new party.
Yeddyurappa has been sulking since he was forced to quit as Chief Minister last year by the central leadership in the backdrop of Lokayukta report on illegal mining indicting him.
The 70-year-old Lingayat leader, who had played a key role in installing the first ever BJP government in the South, has been cut up with the BJP leadership at the Centre and state for the `ill-treatment` meted out to him.
He has also ruled out accepting any position such as Chief Minister or party president in BJP.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!