BJP MP`s son, five others arrested for assaulting teenage girl
Bellary: Son of BJP MP Sanna Fakirappa and five of his supporters have been arrested for allegedly assaulting a teenaged girl here claiming she was engaged in prostitution, police said.
The accused, including BJP MP`s son, Muthu Sanna Fakirappa, were arrested last night and sent to judicial custody till December 30, police said.
The arrest came after an FIR was filed against them on the basis of the complaint by the girl`s mother, they said.
The girl`s mother alleged that Muthu and his supporters visited her house situated in Fort area when her daughter was all alone.
"They barged into the house and started assaulting the girl, a college student, alleging she was engaged in prostitution," police said.
Muthu and his supporters also thrashed a boy, who had dropped into the house for a book, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Five reasons why you should take a brisk walk every single day!
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Myanmar President
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha
- New research identifies role of mood in making decisions