BJP MPs want report from Karnataka govt on rape incidents
New Delhi: BJP members from Karnataka today asked the Centre to seek a report from the Congress government on the issue of rape incidents that rocked the state in the past few days.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour in Lok Sabha, BJP MP Shobha Karandlaje claimed that 50 cases of rape incidents were reported in the state in the past 15 days.
Accusing the state government of not taking action against the culprits, she said law-and-order situation in Karnataka has worsened.
She referred to the incident of rape of a six-year-old student at a school in Bangalore.
"There is no government in Karnataka. There is no law and order in the state," she said amid opposition from Congress members from the state.
Another BJP member from Karnataka P C Mohan said women in the state were facing "brutal attacks" and alleged that police are taking "long time to arrest the culprits".
Mohan, who represents Bangalore central Lok Sabha constituency, said "strict action should be taken against the management of the school" which failed to ensure security to the girl child.
He urged the Centre to "intervene" and seek a report from the state government on the issue.
BJP MP from Uttar Pradesh Kaushal Kishore also raised the issue of incidents of the rape happening in the Samajwadi Party-ruled state.
He demanded imposition of President`s rule in the state in view of deteriorating law-and-order situation.
"There is no law and order in Uttar Pradesh. President`s rule should be imposed in Uttar Pradesh," Kishore said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'