BJP offering money to lure party MLAs: Congress
Bangalore: The Congress in Karnataka
Monday charged the ruling BJP with offering money to the tune
of Rs 50 crore to its MLAs to engineer defection and
threatened to launch a state-wide stir to expose the horse
Opposition Congress leader in the state Assembly
Siddaramaiah alleged that 53 of its 73 MLAs have been offered
money and a ministerial berth by BJP leaders.
"None of our MLAs are ready to defect. We are all
united. Some MLAs whom the BJP leaders contacted over phone
have recorded the conversation. We will soon make them public,"
Siddaramaiah told reporters after presiding over the
Legislature Party meeting here.
Rahim Khan, MLA from Bidar, alleged he was also
contacted by BJP men.
Siddaramaiah said the meeting condemned the reported
call given by Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and BJP state
unit president KS Eswarappa to convert the minority status of
its government to a majority.
"The Congress will reveal the proof on horse trading
to media and also submit it to Governor HR Bhardwaj,"
Congress working president DK Shivakumar said.
The Centre will also be approached seeking legal
action against defections being encouraged by the BJP, he said.
The CLP, which met this morning ahead of the High
Court taking up for hearing petitions filed by five
independent MLAs challenging their disqualification, will
again meet tomorrow to discuss the political situation in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH