BJP plays down K`taka crisis saying it will be resolved soon
New Delhi: With eight Karnataka Ministers loyal to party strongman BS Yeddyurappa submitting their resignations, BJP on Friday played down the crisis claiming that it will be resolved through talks.
"We are aware of the situation in Karnataka. We are talking to all the important leaders of Karnataka. We are hopeful of finding a solution to the problems," Party general secretary and incharge of Karnataka affairs Dharmendra Pradhan said.
Earlier, senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi also parried questions on the Karnataka crisis, saying some leaders from the state had come to meet party president Nitin Gadkari and there was nothing more to it.
The festering crisis in the BJP government in Karnataka reached a flashpoint today with eight Ministers loyal to Yeddyurappa submitting their resignations to Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, who they want to be removed.
Precipitating the crisis, the Ministers met Gowda and handed over their resignation letters upping the ante in their oust Gowda campaign, seeking to put pressure on the central leadership which has so far resisted their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account