BJP plays down K`taka crisis
New Delhi: With eight Karnataka Ministers loyal to party strongman BS Yeddyurappa submitting their resignations, BJP on Friday played down the crisis claiming that it will be resolved through talks.
"We are aware of the situation in Karnataka. We are talking to all the important leaders of Karnataka. We are hopeful of finding a solution to the problems," Party general secretary and incharge of Karnataka affairs Dharmendra Pradhan said.
Earlier, senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi also parried questions on the Karnataka crisis, saying some leaders from the state had come to meet party president Nitin Gadkari and there was nothing more to it.
The festering crisis in the BJP government in Karnataka reached a flashpoint today with eight Ministers loyal to Yeddyurappa submitting their resignations to Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, who they want to be removed.
Precipitating the crisis, the Ministers met Gowda and handed over their resignation letters upping the ante in their oust Gowda campaign, seeking to put pressure on the central leadership which has so far resisted their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy