BJP plays down K`taka crisis
New Delhi: With eight Karnataka Ministers loyal to party strongman BS Yeddyurappa submitting their resignations, BJP on Friday played down the crisis claiming that it will be resolved through talks.
"We are aware of the situation in Karnataka. We are talking to all the important leaders of Karnataka. We are hopeful of finding a solution to the problems," Party general secretary and incharge of Karnataka affairs Dharmendra Pradhan said.
Earlier, senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi also parried questions on the Karnataka crisis, saying some leaders from the state had come to meet party president Nitin Gadkari and there was nothing more to it.
The festering crisis in the BJP government in Karnataka reached a flashpoint today with eight Ministers loyal to Yeddyurappa submitting their resignations to Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, who they want to be removed.
Precipitating the crisis, the Ministers met Gowda and handed over their resignation letters upping the ante in their oust Gowda campaign, seeking to put pressure on the central leadership which has so far resisted their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie