BJP polarising people by projecting Modi: D Raja
Bangalore: CPI leader D Raja on Tuesday said with BJP trying to "polarise" people by projecting Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate and the RSS acting as political force, all "secular and democratic forces" must work together to give an alternative.
Raja, who met former Prime Minister and JDS chief H D Deve Gowda here, said, "The entire RSS has come to the forefront. RSS is acting as a political force. RSS is dictating BJP. There is a design to polarise and communalise the situation."
The CPI MP said he and Gowda discussed the current political situation in the country and UPA government`s failure to address people`s issues.
"BJP is trying to polarise people and projecting Modi," Raja said.
On the other hand, he said, Congress-led UPA had failed and "such a situation demands that all secular and democratic forces must come together to give an alternative".
"Gowda also shared the same concern and we both agree we should put our heads together," he said.
Raja said "an anti-communal convention" is being held in New Delhi on October 30. He was interacting with leaders like Mulayam Singh Yadav and Sharad Yadav, as also others on the issue of communalism, Raja said.
He also slammed efforts by BJP leaders to project the next Lok Sabha elections as "quasi presidential polls", saying it was a "sinister design to subvert" the country`s parliamentary system". "Ours is a parliamentary democracy" and elections are not fought on the basis of personalities but on policies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured