BJP polarising people by projecting Modi: D Raja
Bangalore: CPI leader D Raja on Tuesday said with BJP trying to "polarise" people by projecting Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate and the RSS acting as political force, all "secular and democratic forces" must work together to give an alternative.
Raja, who met former Prime Minister and JDS chief H D Deve Gowda here, said, "The entire RSS has come to the forefront. RSS is acting as a political force. RSS is dictating BJP. There is a design to polarise and communalise the situation."
The CPI MP said he and Gowda discussed the current political situation in the country and UPA government`s failure to address people`s issues.
"BJP is trying to polarise people and projecting Modi," Raja said.
On the other hand, he said, Congress-led UPA had failed and "such a situation demands that all secular and democratic forces must come together to give an alternative".
"Gowda also shared the same concern and we both agree we should put our heads together," he said.
Raja said "an anti-communal convention" is being held in New Delhi on October 30. He was interacting with leaders like Mulayam Singh Yadav and Sharad Yadav, as also others on the issue of communalism, Raja said.
He also slammed efforts by BJP leaders to project the next Lok Sabha elections as "quasi presidential polls", saying it was a "sinister design to subvert" the country`s parliamentary system". "Ours is a parliamentary democracy" and elections are not fought on the basis of personalities but on policies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in