BJP polarising people by projecting Modi: D Raja
Bangalore: CPI leader D Raja on Tuesday said with BJP trying to "polarise" people by projecting Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate and the RSS acting as political force, all "secular and democratic forces" must work together to give an alternative.
Raja, who met former Prime Minister and JDS chief H D Deve Gowda here, said, "The entire RSS has come to the forefront. RSS is acting as a political force. RSS is dictating BJP. There is a design to polarise and communalise the situation."
The CPI MP said he and Gowda discussed the current political situation in the country and UPA government`s failure to address people`s issues.
"BJP is trying to polarise people and projecting Modi," Raja said.
On the other hand, he said, Congress-led UPA had failed and "such a situation demands that all secular and democratic forces must come together to give an alternative".
"Gowda also shared the same concern and we both agree we should put our heads together," he said.
Raja said "an anti-communal convention" is being held in New Delhi on October 30. He was interacting with leaders like Mulayam Singh Yadav and Sharad Yadav, as also others on the issue of communalism, Raja said.
He also slammed efforts by BJP leaders to project the next Lok Sabha elections as "quasi presidential polls", saying it was a "sinister design to subvert" the country`s parliamentary system". "Ours is a parliamentary democracy" and elections are not fought on the basis of personalities but on policies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range