‘BJP promoting ‘Baarah Khoon Maaf’ culture’
Bangalore: Criticizing the BJP for `delaying`
action against three ministers who quit over the porn row, JDS
leader H D Kumaraswamy on Wednesday said Speaker KG Bopaiah should
immediately remove them from the Assembly membership and
restore the dignity of the House.
The inquiry ordered into the incident was a ploy by the
ruling party to delay taking action against Laxman Savadi, CC Patil and Krishna Palemar, caught on camera watching a
sleazy video in the assembly, he told reporters here.
"There is no need for an inquiry into the porngate episode
in this era of electronic media where the (TV) footage clearly
showed Savadi watching the obscene video on his mobile during
House proceedings," the former chief minister contended.
He accused the BJP of promoting a new culture of "Baarah
Khoon Maaf" (12 murders pardoned) culture to save its `wobbly`
to save its `wobbly` government.
"The BJP Government in the state is promoting and abetting
the new culture of "Baaraah Khoon Maaf", where it does not
pronounce their leaders or ministers guilty until they have
been found guilty in eleven cases," he said.
He urged the BJP to immediately take action against the
`tainted` trio to allay the `hurt` feelings of sincere RSS
workers who "relentlessly worked hard" to bring the BJP to
power in South India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence