‘BJP promoting ‘Baarah Khoon Maaf’ culture’
Bangalore: Criticizing the BJP for `delaying`
action against three ministers who quit over the porn row, JDS
leader H D Kumaraswamy on Wednesday said Speaker KG Bopaiah should
immediately remove them from the Assembly membership and
restore the dignity of the House.
The inquiry ordered into the incident was a ploy by the
ruling party to delay taking action against Laxman Savadi, CC Patil and Krishna Palemar, caught on camera watching a
sleazy video in the assembly, he told reporters here.
"There is no need for an inquiry into the porngate episode
in this era of electronic media where the (TV) footage clearly
showed Savadi watching the obscene video on his mobile during
House proceedings," the former chief minister contended.
He accused the BJP of promoting a new culture of "Baarah
Khoon Maaf" (12 murders pardoned) culture to save its `wobbly`
to save its `wobbly` government.
"The BJP Government in the state is promoting and abetting
the new culture of "Baaraah Khoon Maaf", where it does not
pronounce their leaders or ministers guilty until they have
been found guilty in eleven cases," he said.
He urged the BJP to immediately take action against the
`tainted` trio to allay the `hurt` feelings of sincere RSS
workers who "relentlessly worked hard" to bring the BJP to
power in South India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender