BJP protests Kerala govt move to help Madani get bail
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP has strongly protested Kerala government`s reported move to file an affidavit in the Supreme Court, favouring the bail plea of PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, now in prison in Karnataka in connection with the 2008 Bangalore blasts case.
In a statement here, BJP spokesman V V Rajesh said the state government was planning to give an undertaking to the Apex Court that it would present Madani in the Bangalore court for trial whenever necessary if he was granted bail.
BJP would launch a strong agitation if the government decided to give such an affidavit in the Supreme Court to enable Madani to get bail, Rajesh said.
He said the ruling UDF was wary of PDP`s plan to field Madani in the Ponnani Lok Sabha seat in Malappuram district in the coming elections. The government was trying to help Madani in the Court to avoid such a situation which would affect the winning prospects of the UDF, he alleged.
Rajesh termed as `mysterious` the studied silence of the Opposition LDF on the move of the government.
Madani was also facing charges in a case of attempt to murder Bharateeya Vichara Kendram director P Parameswaran. The enquiry into the case would be `sabotaged` if he was released on bail, the statement said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray