BJP ready to sacrifice power, says ex-CM
Belgaum,: BJP is prepared to forfeit power even if it means taking disciplinary action against party legislators who would attend former party strongman BS Yeddyurappa`s rally on December 9, former chief minister D V Sadananda Gowda on Thursday said.
Yeddyurappa will formally launch his Karnataka Janata Party at the rally in Haveri.
"The party is not prepared to compromise on taking action against BJP legislators who would attend KJP rally at Haveri. We are prepared to sacrifice power," he told reporters on the sidelines of the Legislative Council session here.
Gowda said there is a need for BJP to take action against such legislators as failing to take action would be detrimental to party`s interests.
BJP leadership is aware of the repercussions on state politics in the event of party legislators and MPs attending Yeddyurappa`s rally, Gowda said. "Names of defiant party legislators and MPs will be sent to BJP central leadership for disciplinary action," he added.
On his chances of being appointed state party chief again, Gowda said as a disciplined member of the party he was ready to accept the responsibility given to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Attention users: New malware commits data theft by the sound of your processor!
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more