BJP ready to sacrifice power, says ex-CM
Belgaum,: BJP is prepared to forfeit power even if it means taking disciplinary action against party legislators who would attend former party strongman BS Yeddyurappa`s rally on December 9, former chief minister D V Sadananda Gowda on Thursday said.
Yeddyurappa will formally launch his Karnataka Janata Party at the rally in Haveri.
"The party is not prepared to compromise on taking action against BJP legislators who would attend KJP rally at Haveri. We are prepared to sacrifice power," he told reporters on the sidelines of the Legislative Council session here.
Gowda said there is a need for BJP to take action against such legislators as failing to take action would be detrimental to party`s interests.
BJP leadership is aware of the repercussions on state politics in the event of party legislators and MPs attending Yeddyurappa`s rally, Gowda said. "Names of defiant party legislators and MPs will be sent to BJP central leadership for disciplinary action," he added.
On his chances of being appointed state party chief again, Gowda said as a disciplined member of the party he was ready to accept the responsibility given to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand