BJP ready to sacrifice power, says ex-CM
Belgaum,: BJP is prepared to forfeit power even if it means taking disciplinary action against party legislators who would attend former party strongman BS Yeddyurappa`s rally on December 9, former chief minister D V Sadananda Gowda on Thursday said.
Yeddyurappa will formally launch his Karnataka Janata Party at the rally in Haveri.
"The party is not prepared to compromise on taking action against BJP legislators who would attend KJP rally at Haveri. We are prepared to sacrifice power," he told reporters on the sidelines of the Legislative Council session here.
Gowda said there is a need for BJP to take action against such legislators as failing to take action would be detrimental to party`s interests.
BJP leadership is aware of the repercussions on state politics in the event of party legislators and MPs attending Yeddyurappa`s rally, Gowda said. "Names of defiant party legislators and MPs will be sent to BJP central leadership for disciplinary action," he added.
On his chances of being appointed state party chief again, Gowda said as a disciplined member of the party he was ready to accept the responsibility given to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured