BJP rebel Sriramulu may float new party in K’taka
Bangalore: Close confidante of Reddy brothers Sriramulu who registered a landslide win in Bellary assembly election bypoll is exploring the possibility of floating a new political party, reports claimed on Thursday.
Sriramulu had resigned from the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) three months back, following which elections were held which he won.
He has infact claimed that he has the support of 14 MLAs. "I have the numbers to form a new party. I will give you more details after a short while," he was quoted as saying.
Analysts say that Sriramulu’s grand plan is part of Reddy brothers` gamble in taking on BJP, inspite of the most aggressive of them, Gali Janardhana Reddy, being in Hyderabad jail in connection with illegal mining in Andhra Pradesh.
They won the first round when they ensured Sriramulu’s victory and round two appears to be the plan to form their own political party.
The Reddy brothers -- Janardhana, Karunakara and Somashekara -- sons of a police constable in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh, made Bellary, the iron rich district 300 km north of Bangalore their home and consider it as their pocket borough.
The three brothers are still in BJP, though the party has suspended Somashekara for campaigning for Sriramulu. Karunakara and Somashekara are Assembly members while Janardhana is in Legislative Council
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram
- 'Naagin' should have second season: Arjun Bijlani