BJP rebels fighting against corrupt administration: JD-S
Bangalore: The JD-S on Friday said it welcomes the Karnataka High Court order on disqualification of 11 rebel BJP MLAs and vowed to stand by them in their fight against the "corrupt BJP government".
"These 11 MLAs fought against rampant corruption in BJP government led by Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa. It is our duty to support to such campaigns," former Chief Minister and Karnataka JD-S unit chief HD Kumaraswamy told a news agency.
Kumaraswamy, who has been supporting BJP rebels and also five independents said it was his party which led from the front in exposing "scandals" of the Yeddyurappa government.
The disqualified MLAs have already decided to challenge the High Court order in Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani