BJP rebels fighting against corrupt administration: JD-S
Bangalore: The JD-S on Friday said it welcomes the Karnataka High Court order on disqualification of 11 rebel BJP MLAs and vowed to stand by them in their fight against the "corrupt BJP government".
"These 11 MLAs fought against rampant corruption in BJP government led by Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa. It is our duty to support to such campaigns," former Chief Minister and Karnataka JD-S unit chief HD Kumaraswamy told a news agency.
Kumaraswamy, who has been supporting BJP rebels and also five independents said it was his party which led from the front in exposing "scandals" of the Yeddyurappa government.
The disqualified MLAs have already decided to challenge the High Court order in Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- GER V SVK: Slovakia eye Germany upset in Euro 2016 pre-quarters
- WAL v NIR: Gareth McAuley own-goal sends Wales into Quarter-finals of Euro 2016
- Jharkhand wants 5 more batallions of CRPF to fight Naxals
- UN can't verify incendiary bombs in Syria, concerned by reports
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers