BJP rebels fighting against corrupt administration: JD-S
Bangalore: The JD-S on Friday said it welcomes the Karnataka High Court order on disqualification of 11 rebel BJP MLAs and vowed to stand by them in their fight against the "corrupt BJP government".
"These 11 MLAs fought against rampant corruption in BJP government led by Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa. It is our duty to support to such campaigns," former Chief Minister and Karnataka JD-S unit chief HD Kumaraswamy told a news agency.
Kumaraswamy, who has been supporting BJP rebels and also five independents said it was his party which led from the front in exposing "scandals" of the Yeddyurappa government.
The disqualified MLAs have already decided to challenge the High Court order in Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption