BJP releases 2nd candidates list, mum on taint
Bangalore: Ruling BJP in Karnataka on Tuesday released the second list of 35 candidates for the May 5 Assembly elections, refraining from taking a call on fielding tainted MLAs.
The list was finalised by the BJP Central Election Committee which met in New Delhi under the Presidentship of Rajnath Singh, party General Secretary H N Ananth Kumar said in a statement here.
The CEC meeting was attended by BJP leaders L.K. Advani, Sushma Swaraj and all members of the panel, he said.
As in the first list of 140 candidates released on April 5, suspense continues over the fate of former ministers Katta Subramanya Naidu and Krishnaiah Setty as also Y Sampangi who are facing corruption charges and had gone to jail.
Minister V Somanna, who had initially showed signs of dithering on continuing in BJP, has been renominated to contest from Bangalore, days after he made it clear he would not join Karnataka Jantha Paksha led by former party strongman B S Yeddyurappa.
S H Manjunath will take on Yeddyurappa in his bastion in Shikaripura constituency in Shimoga district.
BJP`s principal rival Congress has released the first list containing the names of 177 candidates, which has caused heartburn particularly among leaders seeking tickets for their kin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan