BJP sacks Karnataka treasurer Lehar Singh
Bangalore: BJP has sacked the treasurer of the Karnataka unit, Lehar Singh Siroya, for his attack on party stalwart LK Advani.
Siroya, an aide of former chief minister and Karnataka Janatha Paksha supremo BS Yeddyurappa, in an open letter had alleged that Advani had compromised on corruption whenever it suited him.
BJP state unit president Prahlad Joshi on Friday suspended him from the party with immediate effect and relieved him from the post of treasurer.
The party dismissed Siroya`s allegations against Advani as "false" and "baseless".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India