BJP sacks Karnataka treasurer Lehar Singh
Bangalore: BJP has sacked the treasurer of the Karnataka unit, Lehar Singh Siroya, for his attack on party stalwart LK Advani.
Siroya, an aide of former chief minister and Karnataka Janatha Paksha supremo BS Yeddyurappa, in an open letter had alleged that Advani had compromised on corruption whenever it suited him.
BJP state unit president Prahlad Joshi on Friday suspended him from the party with immediate effect and relieved him from the post of treasurer.
The party dismissed Siroya`s allegations against Advani as "false" and "baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi
- VITEEE 2016 exam results declared! Check VIT Engineering Entrance Examination ranks now