BJP sacks Karnataka treasurer Lehar Singh
Bangalore: BJP has sacked the treasurer of the Karnataka unit, Lehar Singh Siroya, for his attack on party stalwart LK Advani.
Siroya, an aide of former chief minister and Karnataka Janatha Paksha supremo BS Yeddyurappa, in an open letter had alleged that Advani had compromised on corruption whenever it suited him.
BJP state unit president Prahlad Joshi on Friday suspended him from the party with immediate effect and relieved him from the post of treasurer.
The party dismissed Siroya`s allegations against Advani as "false" and "baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets