BJP sacks Karnataka treasurer Lehar Singh
Bangalore: BJP has sacked the treasurer of the Karnataka unit, Lehar Singh Siroya, for his attack on party stalwart LK Advani.
Siroya, an aide of former chief minister and Karnataka Janatha Paksha supremo BS Yeddyurappa, in an open letter had alleged that Advani had compromised on corruption whenever it suited him.
BJP state unit president Prahlad Joshi on Friday suspended him from the party with immediate effect and relieved him from the post of treasurer.
The party dismissed Siroya`s allegations against Advani as "false" and "baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?