BJP shell-shocked over Yeddy`s imprisonment
Bangalore: A sense of gloom prevailed in the
ruling BJP which went into a huddle after former Karnataka
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s bail plea was rejected by a
Lokayukta court and sent to jail for a week.
Soon after news of Yeddyurappa`s surrender came in, Chief
Minister D V Sadananad Gowda, who was enroute to the airport
to catch a flight to Mumbai, cancelled his trip and was
closeted with his ministerial colleagues at his Home Office
`Krishna` to discuss the situation, sources close to him said.
Gowda has been straining every nerve to refurbish the
image of the BJP government in the last three months after it
was rocked by a series of scams.
The latest development has left him a worried man.
However, Gowda put up a brave face while addressing
reporters saying that Yeddyurappa had surrendered despite
indifferent health, "which shows the highest respect he and
BJP have for the judiciary".
Most BJP leaders were not be available for their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family