BJP shell-shocked over Yeddy`s imprisonment
Bangalore: A sense of gloom prevailed in the
ruling BJP which went into a huddle after former Karnataka
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s bail plea was rejected by a
Lokayukta court and sent to jail for a week.
Soon after news of Yeddyurappa`s surrender came in, Chief
Minister D V Sadananad Gowda, who was enroute to the airport
to catch a flight to Mumbai, cancelled his trip and was
closeted with his ministerial colleagues at his Home Office
`Krishna` to discuss the situation, sources close to him said.
Gowda has been straining every nerve to refurbish the
image of the BJP government in the last three months after it
was rocked by a series of scams.
The latest development has left him a worried man.
However, Gowda put up a brave face while addressing
reporters saying that Yeddyurappa had surrendered despite
indifferent health, "which shows the highest respect he and
BJP have for the judiciary".
Most BJP leaders were not be available for their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi