BJP stages protest in city on coalgate issue
Bangalore: BJP`s youth wing on Friday staged protests across Karnataka demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the coal allocation scam.
In the city, BJP activists staged a road roko near Mysore Bank Circle and burnt effigies of Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
The protest triggered a traffic blockade for some time in and around area.
Similar protests were also staged in all district and taluk headquarters in the state.
Meanwhile, Phadanvis said he would soon move the court against the government in the June 21 Mantralaya fire case.
The BJP legislator said he had sought to know the status of his police complaint against Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal and other bureaucrats holding them accountable for the Mantralaya fire.
"However, my plea was rejected on the grounds that investigations in the case is still on. In fact, there is no investigation taking place. The government is attempting to push the case under the carpet. No cognisable offence has been registered, even though people have died in the fire," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?