BJP supporting caste-based politics: Moily
Bangalore: BJP`s decision to replace DV Sadananda Gowda as Chief Minister has sent out a message that the party`s central leadership is backing "corruption and caste-based politics" in Karnataka, Union Minister and senior Congress leader Veerappa Moily said on Sunday.
"The decision to change Gowda has sent out a strong message that the BJP central leadership supports corruption and caste-based politics in the state," he told reporters.
Gowda did not face corruption allegations against him, but the BJP central leadership showed no interest in setting right the corruption done under the previous leadership, Moily said.
"The BJP which launched "Operations Lotus" to lure legislators (from other parties) to form the government has been facing allegations of corruption, and the central leadership did not think of stopping it," he alleged.
These developments, Moily warned, would damage the democratic setup which is dangerous for the state.
He claimed BJP would not win the assembly elections due next year, for which the blame should entirely be on the party`s central leadership.
"Congress has to work unitedly. People are expecting our party to give good administration. There are many instances where the Congress has given good administration. Whenever corruption and casteism have raised their ugly heads, Congress has dealt with it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city