BJP supporting caste-based politics: Moily
Bangalore: BJP`s decision to replace DV Sadananda Gowda as Chief Minister has sent out a message that the party`s central leadership is backing "corruption and caste-based politics" in Karnataka, Union Minister and senior Congress leader Veerappa Moily said on Sunday.
"The decision to change Gowda has sent out a strong message that the BJP central leadership supports corruption and caste-based politics in the state," he told reporters.
Gowda did not face corruption allegations against him, but the BJP central leadership showed no interest in setting right the corruption done under the previous leadership, Moily said.
"The BJP which launched "Operations Lotus" to lure legislators (from other parties) to form the government has been facing allegations of corruption, and the central leadership did not think of stopping it," he alleged.
These developments, Moily warned, would damage the democratic setup which is dangerous for the state.
He claimed BJP would not win the assembly elections due next year, for which the blame should entirely be on the party`s central leadership.
"Congress has to work unitedly. People are expecting our party to give good administration. There are many instances where the Congress has given good administration. Whenever corruption and casteism have raised their ugly heads, Congress has dealt with it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video