BJP to go on offensive against family of Devegowda
Bangalore: Two key loyalists of Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Wednesday launched a broadside against JD
(S) leader H D Kumaraswamy, amid indications that BJP is set
to unleash an offensive against former Prime Minister H D
Devegowda`s family, as the verbal duel between the rival camps
"We will not sit quiet any longer. Kumaraswamy is
levelling baseless allegations day in and day out, unable to
stomach the development programmes initiated by the
Yeddyurappa government", an agitated Food and Civil Supplies
Minister V Somanna said.
He claimed that scams during Kumaraswamy`s tenure as
Chief Minister would be exposed and charged the JD (S) leader
with indulging in threatening tactics. "We are not living in a
feudal system", Somanna said.
Somanna condemned the attack on the residence of B J
Puttaswamy, Political Secretary to Chief Minister, by JD (S)
workers last night, hours after he levelled land-grab
allegations against the family of Devegowda.
The minister said during a television show last night,
Kumaraswamy who joined the debate through telephone, made
disparaging remarks against him and flayed the "way
Kumaraswamy is conducting himself".
At a separate press conference, Puttaswamy alleged that
some 50-60 activists of JD (S), instigated by Kumaraswamy,
attacked his house last night and his life was in danger.
"Nobody can threaten me. I will not yield. I am not
scared of them (JD-S)", said 72-year-old Puttaswamy, who has
already lodged a police complaint on the attack in which his
house was targeted with flower-pots and stones, damaging car
and smashing window-panes.
Puttaswamy charged Kumaraswamy and his brother Revanna
with abusing the Chief Minister with obscene language, while
being "intolerant" towards to anybody levelling allegations
against their family.
"Devegowda wants only his family to be in power in
Karnataka. No others should rule. Only his sons tell truth.
Others are all corrupt and engaged in irregularities", he said
targeting the former Prime Minister.
State unit BJP spokesman S Prakash assailed the attack
and said "it is not the birthright of Devegowda family to
attack opponents. This kind of hooliganism will not be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Saudi Arabia denounces Iran over decision to not send Hajj pilgrims this year
- Vaishno Devi pilgrim dies after heart attack
- CLP leader Narayanasamy meets Kiran Bedi, stakes claim to form government in Puducherry
- Amitabh Bachchan finally reacts to daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai's purple lips at Cannes!
- PHOTO: When Yuvraj Singh did push ups during post-match celebration in Chris Gayle style after SRH beat RCB