BJP to go on offensive against family of Devegowda
Bangalore: Two key loyalists of Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Wednesday launched a broadside against JD
(S) leader H D Kumaraswamy, amid indications that BJP is set
to unleash an offensive against former Prime Minister H D
Devegowda`s family, as the verbal duel between the rival camps
"We will not sit quiet any longer. Kumaraswamy is
levelling baseless allegations day in and day out, unable to
stomach the development programmes initiated by the
Yeddyurappa government", an agitated Food and Civil Supplies
Minister V Somanna said.
He claimed that scams during Kumaraswamy`s tenure as
Chief Minister would be exposed and charged the JD (S) leader
with indulging in threatening tactics. "We are not living in a
feudal system", Somanna said.
Somanna condemned the attack on the residence of B J
Puttaswamy, Political Secretary to Chief Minister, by JD (S)
workers last night, hours after he levelled land-grab
allegations against the family of Devegowda.
The minister said during a television show last night,
Kumaraswamy who joined the debate through telephone, made
disparaging remarks against him and flayed the "way
Kumaraswamy is conducting himself".
At a separate press conference, Puttaswamy alleged that
some 50-60 activists of JD (S), instigated by Kumaraswamy,
attacked his house last night and his life was in danger.
"Nobody can threaten me. I will not yield. I am not
scared of them (JD-S)", said 72-year-old Puttaswamy, who has
already lodged a police complaint on the attack in which his
house was targeted with flower-pots and stones, damaging car
and smashing window-panes.
Puttaswamy charged Kumaraswamy and his brother Revanna
with abusing the Chief Minister with obscene language, while
being "intolerant" towards to anybody levelling allegations
against their family.
"Devegowda wants only his family to be in power in
Karnataka. No others should rule. Only his sons tell truth.
Others are all corrupt and engaged in irregularities", he said
targeting the former Prime Minister.
State unit BJP spokesman S Prakash assailed the attack
and said "it is not the birthright of Devegowda family to
attack opponents. This kind of hooliganism will not be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi