BJP to launch "hatao Governor, Bacchao Karnataka" stir
Bangalore: Stepping up its offensive against Governor HR Bhardwaj, the ruling BJP in Karnataka on Friday set a five-day deadline for his recall and decided to
launch a campaign for his ouster in 11 districts from tomorrow.
An emergent meeting of the party state unit office-bearers, which was also attended by Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, decided to constitute two teams to lead the stir against the Governor, who has triggered a political crisis recommending imposition of President`s rule in the state.
A team led by Yeddyurappa will tour Raichur (May 21), Mangalore (May 22), Tumkur (May 23), Kolar (May 24) and Bagalkot (May 25) as part of its "hatao Governor, Bacchao Karnataka," State unit president KS Eswarappa told
Eswarappa said a team headed by him will carry on the BJP agitation in Mysore (May 21), Chitradurga and Bellary (May 22), Koppal (May 23), Gulbarga (May 24) and Bidar (May 25).
The BJP set a five-day deadline for recall of the Governor, whom it accused to indulging in unconstitutional acts and troubling the elected government in Karnataka.
Eswarappa said, "If no decision is taken on the Governor`s recall by then, we will intensify the stir".
The BJP held a dharna in front of Raj Bhavan in support of its demand for Bhardwaj`s recall. MLAs, ministers and others participated in the dharna.
He charged that Bhardwaj was "dancing to the tunes" of Opposition Congress and JD(S) and trying to rule the state
The opposition parties have been using the Governor to topple the BJP government, he charged and ruled out Speaker KG Bopaiah resigning in the wake of observations made by Supreme Court while setting aside disqualification of 16 MLAs - 11 BJP rebels and five independents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees