BJP to seek disqualification of MLAs for anti-party activities
Bangalore: Launching a counter attack on the 13 party MLAs who have announced their decision to quit their assembly membership, the ruling BJP on Monday decided to seek their disqualification for `anti-party` activities.
Sources in the BJP said a petition would be filed today with the Assembly Speaker KG Bopahiah, seeking their disqualification on the charge of `anti-party` activities.
They said the BJP would also urge the Speaker not to accept the resignation of the 13 MLAs.
The MLAs loyal to Karnataka Janata Party chief and former BJP strongman B S Yeddyurappa are likely to meet the Speaker tomorrow to submit their resignation letters.
Their attempt to submit their resignations to the Speaker on Jan 23 came to nought as was not in station, an issue which irked them and made them petition Governor HR Bhardwaj to whom they submitted copies of their resignation letters.
Bhardwaj had stated on January 26 that the Jagadish Shettar government still enjoyed a majority and as leader of the BJP legislature party, it was left left to him to take action on the issue of resignation of the 13 MLAs. Two die in Meghalaya bus accident
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video