BJP top brass given green signal for Yeddyurappa`s return
Bellary: BJP central top brass has given the green signal for admitting former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa back into the organisation, senior state party leader KS Eshwarappa said on Sunday.
"The central leadership has given the green signal...He (Yeddyurappa) will be back in (BJP) soon," Eshwarappa told reporters here, as the party`s state unit has in recent days been making no bones about its readiness to welcome the former party strongman back into its fold.
Stating that the former Chief Minister had not made any demand for his return, he said, "Yeddyurappa has said he will come back to the party with a single point agenda - to make Narendra Modi Prime Minister, we welcome it."
Yeddyurappa, who deserted the BJP and floated his own outfit, Karnataka Janatha Paksha (KJP) over a year ago, has also been giving indications about his homecoming.
KJP had garnered 10 per cent vote share in the May Assembly polls in Karnataka that saw the BJP`s rout bringing down its first ever government in the South. KJP had, however, managed to secure only six seats, failing to make a big impact as an independent entity.
Eshwarappa said he had also discussed with the party central leaders the return of BSR Congress leader B Sriramulu, to BJP, from which he broke away to form his own outfit. It secured four seats in the May polls.
He said the party central leaders were yet to give the go-ahead for the return of Sriramulu, who has his own sphere of influence among the Valmiki community in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement