BJP turning govt programme to party`s: JMM
Ranchi: The JMM on Thursday alleged that the BJP was turning the power project to be inaugurated here by Prime Minister Narendra Modi into a party programme despite it being a government programme and a "gift" from the previous UPA regime.
In a letter to the Prime Minister and a copy to the Election Commission among others, JMM general secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said, "It appears you are not coming as the Prime Minister for the programme, but as a representative of a special political party."
Modi will dedicate the 765 KV Dharmjaygarh Sipat Transmission Line (POWERGRID) to the nation tomorrow.
Alleging that a government-sponsored programme was being reflected as a BJP event, Bhattacharya said the project was a gift from the previous government as also Modi`s recent ventures like Kashmir Rail Project and National Highways.
"BJP has made the power project its own with party banners, flags, hoardings carrying your photo and using campaign vehicles," Bhattacharya added in his letter to the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'