BJP urges Governor to "wake up" Siddaramaiah govt on governance
Bangalore: Accusing the Siddaramaiah government of "gross negligence", BJP on Wednesday sought Governor HR Bhardwaj`s intervention to advise it to galvanise the "defunct" State administration, particularly in the light of drought situation.
A BJP-delegation led by party state president Prahalad Joshi that comprised former chief minister Sadananda Gowda and former deputy chief ministers KS Eshwarappa and R Ashoka charged the Congress government with "gross negligence" towards governance and said it has failed on all fronts.
It urged Bhardwaj to "wake up Siddaramiah and his Cabinet colleagues from their deep slumber and focus their attention on combating drought situation with all seriousness."
"We take this opportunity to seek your intervention to advise the Chief Minister and his Cabinet colleagues to discharge their duties and to attend to their responsibilities immediately shedding their laxity," the memorandum said.
"The state administration needs urgent resuscitation for the timely performance of its duties."
BJP said the Chief Minister has to take the members of the opposition into confidence and call for an all party meet to discuss the drinking water crisis and the measures to address the drought situation on a war-footing.
Demanding that the state government rollback its decision to impose power cuts, it suggested that to augment the shortfall, arrangements must be made to procure the power from the central grid and increase the power generation in the state-owned units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees