BJP will come out with a solution: Jaitley
New Delhi: Amidst the crisis brewing among its MLAs in Karnataka, BJP general secretary Arun Jaitley on Monday said that the central committee will meet soon and come out with a solution.
Speaking to reporters Jaitley said, “I have spoken to Mr Janardan Reddy and other Karnataka MLAs and know their concerns.”
However, the final decision would be taken by the party president who would be part of the central committee meeting, he added.
Meanwhile, the issue of change of leadership in Karnataka hotted up today with the arrival of leader of the dissident group Janardhan Reddy, who indicated that he has not given up the demand.
"Our party leaders will be taking the right decision.... It will be in the interest of the party, in the interest of Karnataka to provide a very good leadership to the state," said Janardhan Reddy, who along with his brother G Karunakar Reddy, has raised a banner of revolt against Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa.
Janardhan Reddy is likely to meet party president Rajnath Singh and other senior party leaders here.
Former MP Dhananjay Kumar, who is an emissary of Yeddyurappa, said the central leadership is firm on maintaining the status quo and not yielding to the pressure of the dissidents.
Referring to reports that dissidents had the backing of senior party leader Ananth Kumar, Dhananjay Kumar said, "We don`t believe that. We are confident that he is also involved in finding a solution to the problem."
He also denied involvement of the Congress in the rebellion, saying, "Congress unit, at least in Karnataka, does not see eye to eye with the Reddy brothers."
The pro-Yeddyurappa camp met various central leaders yesterday and claimed the latter did not want a leadership change but would look into other grievances of the dissidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY