BJP`s Karnataka unit in favour of BSR-Cong merger
Bangalore: Notwithstanding reservations expressed by senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj, BJP`s Karnataka unit is pushing for merger of BSR Congress headed by B Sriramulu with it.
"BSR Congress has announced its decision on merger with BJP. We have requested the central leadership to allow us to respond positively," state unit chief Prahlad Joshi told reporters here.
Joshi said Swaraj has voiced her reservations but the party had not taken a final decision. BJP national president Rajnath Singh would take the final call, he said.
Sriramulu, once a close associate of mining baron from Bellary district Janardhan Reddy, who had wielded big clout in the BJP when it was in power in the state, had recently announced the merger decision.
But his move, fully endorsed by the state BJP, had hit a roadblock after Swaraj resisted it, apparently to dissociate herself from Reddy, who was once considered close to her after she contested unsuccessfully from Bellary against Congress president Sonia Gandhi in the 1999 polls.
Joshi said the party today finalised the list of eight more candidates for Lok Sabha polls, which would be considered by the Central Election Committee tomorrow. The first list of 20 candidates was released last week.
The list included constituencies which have turned out to be tricky for the party in selecting its candidates in view of its strongman and former Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa pushing for the case of some of his supporters.
Yeddyurappa is pressing for G S Basavaraju from Tumkur, Shobha Karandlaje from Chikkamagalur and Suryakant Nagmarpalli from Bidar.
The Lingayat strongman who merged his Karnataka Janatha Paksha with BJP, has also shot off a letter to Rajnath Singh, seeking proper political accommodation for some of his KJP followers who have been left in the lurch with strong opposition to their entry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered