B`lore: Full-scale public transport planner soon
Bangalore: A full-scale public transport
trip planner is being prepared for Bangalore city keeping in
mind different requirements of the commuters.
Investigator of the project, Ashish Verma from CiSTUP (Centre for infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation, and Urban Planning), Indian Institute of
Science, said the main aim is to develop a transit passenger
information system (PIS) for Bangalore city.
The PIS is being developed using a multi-objective
generalised cost methodology.
"Using the PIS, travellers can obtain information for
making their trip from origin to destination. The system
integrates transit (bus and metro) with other non-motorised
modes of transport to output trip itinerary information,"
This study is being tailored to the Indian situation.
"It recognises that different groups of passengers might
have different reasons for travelling; some might want to
minimise the cost of the trip, others might want to walk as
little as possible, still others might want to minimise the
number of modes of transports (bus and metro).," he explained.
"In order to consider the different objectives, this
study uses a multi-objective methodology and a generalised
cost approach. The whole approach has been applied on
Bangalore city, and the attempt is to develop a full scale
public transport trip planner for Bangalore city. The project
is likely to be completed by next month," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says