B`lore police arrest six for attack, intimidation, false SMSes
Bangalore: Cracking the whip in the wake of exodus of people from the northeast, the Karnataka government on Friday arrested six persons on charges of attack, intimidation and sending "false" SMSes to people of the region.
Police have also detained some others for questioning, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister R Ashoka told reporters amid continuing exodus of northeasterners to their home states following fear of reprisals in the wake of Assam violence.
Ashoka said the number of people leaving the state had also come down today compared to the past two days.
He said the government had ensured tight security in areas having large population of the northeast community and there was no cause for worry.
Ashoka warned against harassing people from the northeast and said they will be punished as per the law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar