B`lore police comm chosen for Prez medal for gallantry
Bangalore: Police Commissioner Shankar Mahadev Bidari, who has been chosen for President`s police medal for gallantry, on Tuesday said it was a recognition for the Special Task Force of Karnataka.
"It is a matter a great satisfaction that I have been chosen for the gallantry award, along with two other colleagues of mine. It is recognition for the task force of Karnataka", Bidari said.
Bidari headed the STF constituted by the Karnataka government to nab the notorious sandalwood poacher-smuggler Veerappan from 1993-96.
He was instrumental in choking the food supplies to the Veerappan gang and also reducing the strength of the gang by cracking down on Veerappan`s sympathisers.
The others who have been chosen for President`s medal for meritorious and distinguished service from Karnataka are:
Inspector General of Police KSRP, Ashit Mohan Prasad and Deputy Commissioner of Police Intelligence, VS D`Souza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley