BMTC driver attempts suicide in Bangalore
Bangalore: A driver working with Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) attempted suicide by consuming poison in the chamber of a senior officer who allegedly harassed him in BMTC depot at Wilson Garden on Wednesday, police said.
The driver Revanasiddaiah was rushed to a private nursing home nearby and was stated to be "out of danger", police sources told a news agency.
According to police, Revanasiddaiah was allegedly harassed by a senior BMTC officer, Chandrappa who recently refused to grant him permission to attend a family function despite requests.
The driver reported to the depot this morning and went straight to the chamber of Chandrappa where he consumed poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption