BMTC driver attempts suicide in Bangalore
Bangalore: A driver working with Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) attempted suicide by consuming poison in the chamber of a senior officer who allegedly harassed him in BMTC depot at Wilson Garden on Wednesday, police said.
The driver Revanasiddaiah was rushed to a private nursing home nearby and was stated to be "out of danger", police sources told a news agency.
According to police, Revanasiddaiah was allegedly harassed by a senior BMTC officer, Chandrappa who recently refused to grant him permission to attend a family function despite requests.
The driver reported to the depot this morning and went straight to the chamber of Chandrappa where he consumed poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror