BMTC driver attempts suicide in Bangalore
Bangalore: A driver working with Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) attempted suicide by consuming poison in the chamber of a senior officer who allegedly harassed him in BMTC depot at Wilson Garden on Wednesday, police said.
The driver Revanasiddaiah was rushed to a private nursing home nearby and was stated to be "out of danger", police sources told a news agency.
According to police, Revanasiddaiah was allegedly harassed by a senior BMTC officer, Chandrappa who recently refused to grant him permission to attend a family function despite requests.
The driver reported to the depot this morning and went straight to the chamber of Chandrappa where he consumed poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video