BMTC driver attempts suicide in Bangalore
Bangalore: A driver working with Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) attempted suicide by consuming poison in the chamber of a senior officer who allegedly harassed him in BMTC depot at Wilson Garden on Wednesday, police said.
The driver Revanasiddaiah was rushed to a private nursing home nearby and was stated to be "out of danger", police sources told a news agency.
According to police, Revanasiddaiah was allegedly harassed by a senior BMTC officer, Chandrappa who recently refused to grant him permission to attend a family function despite requests.
The driver reported to the depot this morning and went straight to the chamber of Chandrappa where he consumed poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?