BMTC driver attempts suicide in Bangalore
Bangalore: A driver working with Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) attempted suicide by consuming poison in the chamber of a senior officer who allegedly harassed him in BMTC depot at Wilson Garden on Wednesday, police said.
The driver Revanasiddaiah was rushed to a private nursing home nearby and was stated to be "out of danger", police sources told a news agency.
According to police, Revanasiddaiah was allegedly harassed by a senior BMTC officer, Chandrappa who recently refused to grant him permission to attend a family function despite requests.
The driver reported to the depot this morning and went straight to the chamber of Chandrappa where he consumed poison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack