Body of RTI activist consigned to flames
Udupi: The body of RTI activist and Congress worker Vasudeva Adiga, found dead in a tank at Chikmagalur district, was consigned to flames on Sunday.
His body was brought from Shimoga government hospital to Goliangadi yesterday morning and later taken to his residence at Vandar.
His brother performed the last rites, police said.
Karnataka Muzrai and District Incharge Minister Kota Srinivas Poojary paid his respects to Adiga and assured that the culprits responsible would be arrested within a week.
Adiga was reported missing since Jan 7 and his body was found in a tank at Chikmagalur yesterday.
Police suspect he was murdered and his body then dumped into the tank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars