Body of RTI activist consigned to flames
Udupi: The body of RTI activist and Congress worker Vasudeva Adiga, found dead in a tank at Chikmagalur district, was consigned to flames on Sunday.
His body was brought from Shimoga government hospital to Goliangadi yesterday morning and later taken to his residence at Vandar.
His brother performed the last rites, police said.
Karnataka Muzrai and District Incharge Minister Kota Srinivas Poojary paid his respects to Adiga and assured that the culprits responsible would be arrested within a week.
Adiga was reported missing since Jan 7 and his body was found in a tank at Chikmagalur yesterday.
Police suspect he was murdered and his body then dumped into the tank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves