Body of RTI activist consigned to flames
Udupi: The body of RTI activist and Congress worker Vasudeva Adiga, found dead in a tank at Chikmagalur district, was consigned to flames on Sunday.
His body was brought from Shimoga government hospital to Goliangadi yesterday morning and later taken to his residence at Vandar.
His brother performed the last rites, police said.
Karnataka Muzrai and District Incharge Minister Kota Srinivas Poojary paid his respects to Adiga and assured that the culprits responsible would be arrested within a week.
Adiga was reported missing since Jan 7 and his body was found in a tank at Chikmagalur yesterday.
Police suspect he was murdered and his body then dumped into the tank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men