Body of RTI activist consigned to flames
Udupi: The body of RTI activist and Congress worker Vasudeva Adiga, found dead in a tank at Chikmagalur district, was consigned to flames on Sunday.
His body was brought from Shimoga government hospital to Goliangadi yesterday morning and later taken to his residence at Vandar.
His brother performed the last rites, police said.
Karnataka Muzrai and District Incharge Minister Kota Srinivas Poojary paid his respects to Adiga and assured that the culprits responsible would be arrested within a week.
Adiga was reported missing since Jan 7 and his body was found in a tank at Chikmagalur yesterday.
Police suspect he was murdered and his body then dumped into the tank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?