Body of RTI activist consigned to flames
Udupi: The body of RTI activist and Congress worker Vasudeva Adiga, found dead in a tank at Chikmagalur district, was consigned to flames on Sunday.
His body was brought from Shimoga government hospital to Goliangadi yesterday morning and later taken to his residence at Vandar.
His brother performed the last rites, police said.
Karnataka Muzrai and District Incharge Minister Kota Srinivas Poojary paid his respects to Adiga and assured that the culprits responsible would be arrested within a week.
Adiga was reported missing since Jan 7 and his body was found in a tank at Chikmagalur yesterday.
Police suspect he was murdered and his body then dumped into the tank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam