Bomb hoax at IIM Bangalore
Bangalore: A telephone call about a bomb being planted in the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) on Thursday created panic with the staff and the students being evacuated from the building but it turned out to be hoax.
The call received at the IIMB reception at 12:00 noon sent the staff into a tizzy and in no time the building was evacuated as there was skeletal staff and very few students since it is vacation time, police said.
A thorough search by the Bomb Disposal Squad and the sniffer dogs revealed that it was a prank call, they said.
The call has been traced to a coin phone booth in a condiments shop in J P Nagar police station limits. However, the caller is yet to be traced, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security