Bomb hoax at IIM Bangalore
Bangalore: A telephone call about a bomb being planted in the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) on Thursday created panic with the staff and the students being evacuated from the building but it turned out to be hoax.
The call received at the IIMB reception at 12:00 noon sent the staff into a tizzy and in no time the building was evacuated as there was skeletal staff and very few students since it is vacation time, police said.
A thorough search by the Bomb Disposal Squad and the sniffer dogs revealed that it was a prank call, they said.
The call has been traced to a coin phone booth in a condiments shop in J P Nagar police station limits. However, the caller is yet to be traced, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know