Bomb hoax at IIM Bangalore
Bangalore: A telephone call about a bomb being planted in the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) on Thursday created panic with the staff and the students being evacuated from the building but it turned out to be hoax.
The call received at the IIMB reception at 12:00 noon sent the staff into a tizzy and in no time the building was evacuated as there was skeletal staff and very few students since it is vacation time, police said.
A thorough search by the Bomb Disposal Squad and the sniffer dogs revealed that it was a prank call, they said.
The call has been traced to a coin phone booth in a condiments shop in J P Nagar police station limits. However, the caller is yet to be traced, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL