Bomb hoax at IIM Bangalore
Bangalore: A telephone call about a bomb being planted in the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) on Thursday created panic with the staff and the students being evacuated from the building but it turned out to be hoax.
The call received at the IIMB reception at 12:00 noon sent the staff into a tizzy and in no time the building was evacuated as there was skeletal staff and very few students since it is vacation time, police said.
A thorough search by the Bomb Disposal Squad and the sniffer dogs revealed that it was a prank call, they said.
The call has been traced to a coin phone booth in a condiments shop in J P Nagar police station limits. However, the caller is yet to be traced, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday