Bomb hoax at IIM Bangalore
Bangalore: A telephone call about a bomb being planted in the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) on Thursday created panic with the staff and the students being evacuated from the building but it turned out to be hoax.
The call received at the IIMB reception at 12:00 noon sent the staff into a tizzy and in no time the building was evacuated as there was skeletal staff and very few students since it is vacation time, police said.
A thorough search by the Bomb Disposal Squad and the sniffer dogs revealed that it was a prank call, they said.
The call has been traced to a coin phone booth in a condiments shop in J P Nagar police station limits. However, the caller is yet to be traced, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report