Bomb scare to Delhi-Bangalore flight turns out to be hoax
Bangalore: A bomb threat to an Indigo
Airlines flight from Delhi that sent the security personnel at
the Bengaluru International Airport into a tizzy with 150
passengers being evacuated, turned out to be a hoax today, a
senior police official said.
An alert about a bomb being on board the flight was
received from Delhi airport prompting security officials to
evacuate the passengers and tow the aircraft, that landed at
12:30 pm, to an isolated parking bay for checks by bomb
detection and disposal squad and sniffer dogs.
A thorough check of the plane and the passengers showed
that the scare was a hoax, Deputy Commissioner of Police
(North-East Division) Basavaraj Malagatti told PTI.
All the passengers who were detained were permitted to
leave the airport and the flight was also "given the green
signal for its next schedule", Malagatti said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued