Bomb scare to Delhi-Bangalore flight turns out to be hoax
Bangalore: A bomb threat to an Indigo
Airlines flight from Delhi that sent the security personnel at
the Bengaluru International Airport into a tizzy with 150
passengers being evacuated, turned out to be a hoax today, a
senior police official said.
An alert about a bomb being on board the flight was
received from Delhi airport prompting security officials to
evacuate the passengers and tow the aircraft, that landed at
12:30 pm, to an isolated parking bay for checks by bomb
detection and disposal squad and sniffer dogs.
A thorough check of the plane and the passengers showed
that the scare was a hoax, Deputy Commissioner of Police
(North-East Division) Basavaraj Malagatti told PTI.
All the passengers who were detained were permitted to
leave the airport and the flight was also "given the green
signal for its next schedule", Malagatti said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...