Bomb scare to Delhi-Bangalore flight turns out to be hoax
Bangalore: A bomb threat to an Indigo
Airlines flight from Delhi that sent the security personnel at
the Bengaluru International Airport into a tizzy with 150
passengers being evacuated, turned out to be a hoax today, a
senior police official said.
An alert about a bomb being on board the flight was
received from Delhi airport prompting security officials to
evacuate the passengers and tow the aircraft, that landed at
12:30 pm, to an isolated parking bay for checks by bomb
detection and disposal squad and sniffer dogs.
A thorough check of the plane and the passengers showed
that the scare was a hoax, Deputy Commissioner of Police
(North-East Division) Basavaraj Malagatti told PTI.
All the passengers who were detained were permitted to
leave the airport and the flight was also "given the green
signal for its next schedule", Malagatti said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi