Bomb scare to Delhi-Bangalore flight turns out to be hoax
Bangalore: A bomb threat to an Indigo
Airlines flight from Delhi that sent the security personnel at
the Bengaluru International Airport into a tizzy with 150
passengers being evacuated, turned out to be a hoax today, a
senior police official said.
An alert about a bomb being on board the flight was
received from Delhi airport prompting security officials to
evacuate the passengers and tow the aircraft, that landed at
12:30 pm, to an isolated parking bay for checks by bomb
detection and disposal squad and sniffer dogs.
A thorough check of the plane and the passengers showed
that the scare was a hoax, Deputy Commissioner of Police
(North-East Division) Basavaraj Malagatti told PTI.
All the passengers who were detained were permitted to
leave the airport and the flight was also "given the green
signal for its next schedule", Malagatti said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets