Bomb scare to Delhi-Bangalore flight turns out to be hoax
Bangalore: A bomb threat to an Indigo
Airlines flight from Delhi that sent the security personnel at
the Bengaluru International Airport into a tizzy with 150
passengers being evacuated, turned out to be a hoax today, a
senior police official said.
An alert about a bomb being on board the flight was
received from Delhi airport prompting security officials to
evacuate the passengers and tow the aircraft, that landed at
12:30 pm, to an isolated parking bay for checks by bomb
detection and disposal squad and sniffer dogs.
A thorough check of the plane and the passengers showed
that the scare was a hoax, Deputy Commissioner of Police
(North-East Division) Basavaraj Malagatti told PTI.
All the passengers who were detained were permitted to
leave the airport and the flight was also "given the green
signal for its next schedule", Malagatti said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming