Bopaiah rejects plea by ex-ministers
Bangalore: Karnataka Assembly Speaker KG
Bopaiah on Tuesday rejected a plea by three former ministers for a
week`s time to file reply to the show-cause notices issued by
him on the porn-watching episode in the Legislative Assembly.
Sources close to the Speaker said Bopaiah had asked them
to reply to the notices by February 16, giving them only three
Lakshman S Savadi, CC Patil and J Krishna Palemar quit
as ministers on February 8 after they were caught on camera
watching porn clippings on mobile phone during proceedings in
They were last week directed by the Speaker to file their
replies by February 13. However, they sent a letter to the
Legislative Assembly Secretariat yesterday seeking a week`s
time to file the reply.
Bopaiah had already said the once the reply is received,
a seven-member House panel, comprising four members from the
BJP, two from the Congress and one from JDS, would be formed
to conduct an inquiry into the issue. This panel would be
asked to submit a report to him by March 12.
The report would then be placed in the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?