Bring PM, judiciary under Lokpal: Deve Gowda
Bangalore: JDS supremo H D Deve Gowda on Tuesday
favoured Prime Minister and higher judiciary also to come
under the ambit of the proposed Lokpal bill.
"Except the President, all elected representatives should
come under Lokpal", the former Prime Minister told reporters
in response to questions.
Gowda argued that since the proposed Judges Accountability
bill does not deal with corruption, judiciary also should come
under the Lokpal purview.
On the much talked about "truth test" planned to be
taken by Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and JDS leader H D
Kumaraswamy before a deity on June 27, he hinted that the
event may not take place at all.
"If it`s going to be solved before that, then the
question does not arise", Gowda, father of Kumaraswamy, said.
Noting that some religious leaders today have appealed to
Yeddyurappa to reconsider his decision,Gowda said if the Chief
Minister indeed dropped the move, then Kumaraswamy might not
insist on going ahead with the event.
Gowda reiterated that he would undertake a "hunger strike"
from 9 am to 5 pm in front of Deputy Commissioner`s Office in
Hassan, from where he was elected to Lok Sabha, to "draw
attention of the Chief Minister" on lack of development
activities in that district in the last three years (since BJP
government came to power in the State).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'