BS Yeddyurappa faces probe in one more land deal case
Bangalore: Former Karnataka chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa and his son and BJP Lok Sabha member B.Y. Raghavendra will face a probe in one more illegal land deal case.
In this case, Yeddyurappa is accused of illegally freeing from government control over 69 acres of land in Bhadravati, about 240 km north of Bangalore, which were then acquired by a firm owned by his son Raghavendra.
Judge N.K. Sudhindra Rao of the Lokayukta (ombudsman) court Friday directed police to complete by Aug 31 the probe in the case based on a complaint by B. Vinod, an advocate based in Shimoga, the home district of Yeddyurappa.
Shimoga is about 280 from Bangalore. Bhadravati is an industrial town in Shimoga district.
Yeddyurappa, BJP`s first chief minister in Karnataka, quit July last year over mining bribery charges.
He is also fighting around a dozen cases of illegally freeing government land in and around Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead