BSR Congress files petition in Karnataka HC
Bangalore: Badava Shramika Raitha Congress on Thursday filed a petition in the Karnataka High Court, praying that a common symbol be allotted to all its party candidates and that they should be recognised as candidates of BSR Congress in the March 07 Urban Local Bodies election.
Hearing the petition filed by the party president B Sreeramulu in the wake of some of its candidates being recognised as independents and allotted different symbols, Justice AS Bopanna observed that a common symbol could not be allotted since the allotment of symbols had already been done by 4 pm yesterday.
As a result of this, the court observed that it could not interfere with the election process and in case the candidates of the party were aggrieved by allotment of symbols, they should file appropriate election petition.
With regard to the recognition of the candidates, the court observed that EC had issued a communication to all registered unrecognised political parties wherein form number C and D were forwarded to them along with the list of free symbols.
BSR Congress issued the above forms to its candidates which was duly filled and submitted to the respective returning officers. The court observed there is no impediment for the candidates sponsored by BSR Congress who have duly submitted the forms, to campaign under the name of BSR Congress.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!