BSR Congress files petition in Karnataka HC
Bangalore: Badava Shramika Raitha Congress on Thursday filed a petition in the Karnataka High Court, praying that a common symbol be allotted to all its party candidates and that they should be recognised as candidates of BSR Congress in the March 07 Urban Local Bodies election.
Hearing the petition filed by the party president B Sreeramulu in the wake of some of its candidates being recognised as independents and allotted different symbols, Justice AS Bopanna observed that a common symbol could not be allotted since the allotment of symbols had already been done by 4 pm yesterday.
As a result of this, the court observed that it could not interfere with the election process and in case the candidates of the party were aggrieved by allotment of symbols, they should file appropriate election petition.
With regard to the recognition of the candidates, the court observed that EC had issued a communication to all registered unrecognised political parties wherein form number C and D were forwarded to them along with the list of free symbols.
BSR Congress issued the above forms to its candidates which was duly filled and submitted to the respective returning officers. The court observed there is no impediment for the candidates sponsored by BSR Congress who have duly submitted the forms, to campaign under the name of BSR Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi