BSR Congress files petition in Karnataka HC
Bangalore: Badava Shramika Raitha Congress on Thursday filed a petition in the Karnataka High Court, praying that a common symbol be allotted to all its party candidates and that they should be recognised as candidates of BSR Congress in the March 07 Urban Local Bodies election.
Hearing the petition filed by the party president B Sreeramulu in the wake of some of its candidates being recognised as independents and allotted different symbols, Justice AS Bopanna observed that a common symbol could not be allotted since the allotment of symbols had already been done by 4 pm yesterday.
As a result of this, the court observed that it could not interfere with the election process and in case the candidates of the party were aggrieved by allotment of symbols, they should file appropriate election petition.
With regard to the recognition of the candidates, the court observed that EC had issued a communication to all registered unrecognised political parties wherein form number C and D were forwarded to them along with the list of free symbols.
BSR Congress issued the above forms to its candidates which was duly filled and submitted to the respective returning officers. The court observed there is no impediment for the candidates sponsored by BSR Congress who have duly submitted the forms, to campaign under the name of BSR Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read