BSY & kin granted relaxation in bail condition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday relaxed one of the conditions of anticipatory bail granted to former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in an illegal mining case being probed by CBI, allowing him to travel anywhere.
However, he has to make himself available for investigation whenever the agency asks him to do so.
Yeddyurappa had sought relaxation of the condition as per which he should seek prior permission of the court if he has to travel out of Bangalore.
Justice Subhash B Adi granted the relaxation while directing CBI to intimate Yeddyurappa, his two sons and son-in-law 24 hours in advance whenever they want to question them.
Meanwhile, the other three accused in the case -- his two sons B Y Vijayendra, B Y Raghavendra and son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar -- were also granted relaxation in the anticipatory bail condition with a similar direction to the CBI.
All of them had filed interlocutory applications seeking relaxation in the anticipatory bail condition wherein they should take prior permission of CBI even if they have to travel out of Bangalore.
Earlier, all four filed individual affidavits stating they would be available whenever required by CBI for investigation.
The affidavits were filed by their senior counsels Ashok Haranahally and Prabhuling K Navadgi.
On August 6, the Supreme Court had rejected the CBI plea for cancellation of anticipatory bail.
On June 21, Karnataka High Court had granted anticipatory bail to all the four accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened