BSY & kin granted relaxation in bail condition
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday relaxed one of the conditions of anticipatory bail granted to former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in an illegal mining case being probed by CBI, allowing him to travel anywhere.
However, he has to make himself available for investigation whenever the agency asks him to do so.
Yeddyurappa had sought relaxation of the condition as per which he should seek prior permission of the court if he has to travel out of Bangalore.
Justice Subhash B Adi granted the relaxation while directing CBI to intimate Yeddyurappa, his two sons and son-in-law 24 hours in advance whenever they want to question them.
Meanwhile, the other three accused in the case -- his two sons B Y Vijayendra, B Y Raghavendra and son-in-law R N Sohan Kumar -- were also granted relaxation in the anticipatory bail condition with a similar direction to the CBI.
All of them had filed interlocutory applications seeking relaxation in the anticipatory bail condition wherein they should take prior permission of CBI even if they have to travel out of Bangalore.
Earlier, all four filed individual affidavits stating they would be available whenever required by CBI for investigation.
The affidavits were filed by their senior counsels Ashok Haranahally and Prabhuling K Navadgi.
On August 6, the Supreme Court had rejected the CBI plea for cancellation of anticipatory bail.
On June 21, Karnataka High Court had granted anticipatory bail to all the four accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA