BSY dares BJP to sack 13 loyalist MLAs
Belgaum: Former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa BS Yeddyurapa on Sunday dared BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who threw their lot with him and attended the formal launch of his KJP party at Haveri on December 9.
"I dare BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who defied the party and attended the launch of my Karnataka Janata Party at Haveri on December 9," he told reporters at the airport here.
Fearing loss of numbers, BJP`s state core meeting here on Dec 12 had refrained from taking any action against the MLAs.
Yeddyurappa had stated that day that his supporters would resign en masse if the situation so warranted.
Stating that his main intention was to build a strong regional party, he said KJP would contest all 224 assembly seats and expressed confidence it would gain majority in the next elections.
He said KJP would set up local committees in all assembly segments with equal representation of women, minorities and youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon