BSY dares BJP to sack 13 loyalist MLAs
Belgaum: Former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa BS Yeddyurapa on Sunday dared BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who threw their lot with him and attended the formal launch of his KJP party at Haveri on December 9.
"I dare BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who defied the party and attended the launch of my Karnataka Janata Party at Haveri on December 9," he told reporters at the airport here.
Fearing loss of numbers, BJP`s state core meeting here on Dec 12 had refrained from taking any action against the MLAs.
Yeddyurappa had stated that day that his supporters would resign en masse if the situation so warranted.
Stating that his main intention was to build a strong regional party, he said KJP would contest all 224 assembly seats and expressed confidence it would gain majority in the next elections.
He said KJP would set up local committees in all assembly segments with equal representation of women, minorities and youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog