BSY dares BJP to sack 13 loyalist MLAs
Belgaum: Former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa BS Yeddyurapa on Sunday dared BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who threw their lot with him and attended the formal launch of his KJP party at Haveri on December 9.
"I dare BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who defied the party and attended the launch of my Karnataka Janata Party at Haveri on December 9," he told reporters at the airport here.
Fearing loss of numbers, BJP`s state core meeting here on Dec 12 had refrained from taking any action against the MLAs.
Yeddyurappa had stated that day that his supporters would resign en masse if the situation so warranted.
Stating that his main intention was to build a strong regional party, he said KJP would contest all 224 assembly seats and expressed confidence it would gain majority in the next elections.
He said KJP would set up local committees in all assembly segments with equal representation of women, minorities and youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari