BSY dares BJP to sack 13 loyalist MLAs
Belgaum: Former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa BS Yeddyurapa on Sunday dared BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who threw their lot with him and attended the formal launch of his KJP party at Haveri on December 9.
"I dare BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who defied the party and attended the launch of my Karnataka Janata Party at Haveri on December 9," he told reporters at the airport here.
Fearing loss of numbers, BJP`s state core meeting here on Dec 12 had refrained from taking any action against the MLAs.
Yeddyurappa had stated that day that his supporters would resign en masse if the situation so warranted.
Stating that his main intention was to build a strong regional party, he said KJP would contest all 224 assembly seats and expressed confidence it would gain majority in the next elections.
He said KJP would set up local committees in all assembly segments with equal representation of women, minorities and youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future