BSY dares BJP to sack 13 loyalist MLAs
Belgaum: Former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa BS Yeddyurapa on Sunday dared BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who threw their lot with him and attended the formal launch of his KJP party at Haveri on December 9.
"I dare BJP to sack the 13 MLAs who defied the party and attended the launch of my Karnataka Janata Party at Haveri on December 9," he told reporters at the airport here.
Fearing loss of numbers, BJP`s state core meeting here on Dec 12 had refrained from taking any action against the MLAs.
Yeddyurappa had stated that day that his supporters would resign en masse if the situation so warranted.
Stating that his main intention was to build a strong regional party, he said KJP would contest all 224 assembly seats and expressed confidence it would gain majority in the next elections.
He said KJP would set up local committees in all assembly segments with equal representation of women, minorities and youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?