BSY, family appears before court, NBWs recalled
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister
B S Yeddyurappa and his family members appeared before the
Lokayukta Court, a day after it ordered issue of non-bailable
warrants against them on two illegal land denotification
Yeddyurappa, his two sons B Y Raghavendra, B Y Vijayendra,
son-in-law Sohan Kumar and former Housing Minister Krishnaiah
Setty filed applications before Lokayukta Judge N K Sudhindra
Rao for recall of the NBWs, which was considered and the
The NBWs were issued yesterday after they failed to appear
for the trial that was scheduled to begin last month on the
two cases filed by advocate Sirajin Basha last year.
The court then adjourned the matter to March 24.
In these two cases Yeddyurappa was earlier summoned and
subsequently had surrendered in court last October facing
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed