BSY, family appears before court, NBWs recalled
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister
B S Yeddyurappa and his family members appeared before the
Lokayukta Court, a day after it ordered issue of non-bailable
warrants against them on two illegal land denotification
Yeddyurappa, his two sons B Y Raghavendra, B Y Vijayendra,
son-in-law Sohan Kumar and former Housing Minister Krishnaiah
Setty filed applications before Lokayukta Judge N K Sudhindra
Rao for recall of the NBWs, which was considered and the
The NBWs were issued yesterday after they failed to appear
for the trial that was scheduled to begin last month on the
two cases filed by advocate Sirajin Basha last year.
The court then adjourned the matter to March 24.
In these two cases Yeddyurappa was earlier summoned and
subsequently had surrendered in court last October facing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets